Overview of Business Studies
Diploma in Business Studies is a Level 3 program offered by Success Point College that teaches students the basic concept of business and management. The qualification is equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels and enables students to enter Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. Apart from the knowledge and skills that students will develop, they will have a way for an industry-specific career as the program comes to an end.
Why study Diploma in Business Studies at Success Point College
The goal of the program is to ensure that learners receive a detailed understanding of business structure and operations. Upon completing the program, you will have the necessary skills and knowledge to continue your studies, find employment, or start a business. Here are the benefits of studying for a Diploma in Business Studies at Success Point College:
- A detailed understanding of business basics, such as establishing a business and elemental business functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge about business management, and factors that can influence managing a business.
- Learning more about the workplace environment and how to manage people to boost business growth.
- In-depth understanding of accounting and economics, and how to make smart financial decisions to take any company forward.
- Comprehensive knowledge about the advantages of using IT in business, including its important for reports, analysis, marketing, etc.
List of Business Studies Courses
- Introduction to Research and Academic Skills
- Using IT for Business
- Introduction to Economics and Accounting
- Introduction the Business Environment
There are four optional units. Each student needs to choose two of the following:
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Managing Business Events
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to People Management
Introduction to Research and Academic SkillsDuring this unit, you will learn how to research information from different sources. The course will provide an in-depth understanding of producing academic work in line with the conventions. The unit also covers different styles of learning.
Using IT for BusinessThe main focus is on how to use software to succeed in business. The course will get you familiar with the use of popular word processor programs, as well as spreadsheet and presentation software. You will learn how to find and identify valuable information on the web.
Introduction to Economics and AccountingThe crucial benefit of this unit is that it will deliver a detailed understanding of critical concepts in business accounting. You will learn about economics and how to apply them to the business world. Upon finishing the unit, you should learn how to apply crucial concepts in financial accounting. You will know the basics of interpreting and producing a financial statement.
Introduction to the Business EnvironmentThe Business Environment unit includes learning more about various business functions and types in the public and private sectors. The course provides in-depth knowledge about business management structures. You will learn the basics of business marketing, and how to apply business concepts lik3 SWOT and PESTLE analysis.
The rules of the program require you to choose two of these optional units:
- Introduction to Customer Service – a detailed understanding of how businesses organize customer service. You will learn that the focus depends on the industry, and discover ways of effective communication with the customers.
- Managing Business Events– it focuses on understanding why business events are important. You will also learn what principles to apply in planning and managing these events.
- Introduction to Marketing– you will learn why marketing is essential in any business environment. The unit also explains core marketing components and principles of business sales and marketing planning.
- Introduction to People Management– the unit covers the basics of managing people. That includes understanding performance management, the role of recognition and reward, and leadership principles.
Accreditation & Memberships
Approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)